THE MOVING TARGET, by John Macdonald - 1949
The Moving Target
by John Macdonald
New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1949
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Green cover features the title in red as well as a target design.
- Boards show some shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are bumped and show some exposed board. (See Photos).
- Spine has red text and frayed spine ends on the top and bottom edges.
- Binding is tight and has a little bit of play.
- Endpapers and feps have some age toning as well as an owner's marks written in pencil. (See Photos).
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have red top edge. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
183 pages. 6 x 8.5 inches.
Book is a mystery novel by American writer Ross Macdonald, who at this point used the name "John Macdonald". This is the first Ross Macdonald novel to feature the character of Lew Archer, who would define the author's career. Lew Archer is hired by the dispassionate wife of an eccentric oil tycoon who has gone missing. Archer must dig through a strange cast of Los Angeles characters, finding crime after crime before he can get to the job he was hired to do.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore