THE LOST GOLD MINE OF THE HUDSON, by Tristram Coffin - 1915 [Signed 1st Ed]
The Lost Gold Mine of the Hudson (Bay)
by A Summer Visitor / Tristram Coffin
FIRST EDITION, SIGNED and Inscribed by Tristram Coffin. New York: The Knickerbocker Press, 1915.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays mild overall wear and aging.
- Blue cloth covers feature gilt and beautiful color illustration pasted on front.
- Boards exhibit moderate overall toning and fading, and some stains to back, as well as minor edgewear.
- Corners are mildly rubbed.
- Spine is sunned.
- Binding is secure.
- Front endpaper features inscription and signature of author in fountain pen, with date and location, as well as another signature below. (See photos)
- Frontispiece is surrounded by scattered foxing, that seems not to affect illustration, and is protected with toned and foxed tissue guard.
- Illustrations inside are mildly toned, as are text pages, and show occasional light marginal foxing that rarely affects picture. One picture is lightly affected by foxing. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned with rare marginal foxing. Pages are a little more toned along edges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display expected toning, and are a little dusty along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
64 pages. 5.5 x 8 inches.
A novel about the Gold Rush in Alaska, and the vast wild landscapes of the Hudson Bay. First told as a twilight story to his children, the tale is a historical and traditional narrative in the vein of Jack London's novels. The reader discovers or rediscovers a rich yet ruthless land, and life in a settlement, as they confront the fauna, the weather, and the magnificent landscapes of the Hudson.
Illustrated with B&W photographs and a B&W frontis capturing a scene from the story.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore