THE GAY PICTURE BOOK, ed. Michael Emory - 1978 [First Edition]
The Gay Picture Book
edited by Michael Emory
First edition. Chicago: Contemporary Books, Inc., 1978
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Color illustrated wraps show some edgewear, a small ding to back cover. Corners are bumped and worn. Please see photos for details of condition.
- Spine has white text and is abraded, with chipped ends. Please see photos for condition.
- Binding is intact.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
Unpaginated. 11 x 8.5 inches.
A photo essay of gay life, captured in the late 1970s. According to the introduction, "a few years ago this book couldn't have been done. Gay life was still too much in the closet. Now gays have appeared on the covers of national magazines; they have been interviewed photographed, analyzed and dissected on news specials, voted for, voted against, and generally talked about more than any time in modern history."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore