THE FATAL MOVE AND OTHER STORIES, by Conall Cearnach - 1924 [1st Edition]
The Fatal Move
And Other Stories
by Conall Cearnach
First edition. Dublin: M.H. Gill and Son, Ltd., 1924
Hardbackis overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Boards with blue paper covers and black ink titles show some dirt, smudges, aging, dings, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine is darkened and bumped with chipped and frayed ends.
- Binding is secure. Stitching visible at openning page 32-33. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have some staining, an embossed mark on rear fep. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are foxed.
96 pages. 4.75 x 7.25 inches
Irish author F. W. O’Connell (1875-1929), who often published as “Conall Cearnach,” was known during his lifetime as the author of two Irish grammar books. He also wrote Gothic, Supernatural, and Fantastic stories, most notably the stories included in this volume. They include a supernatural thriller, a locked-room mystery, a conte cruel, and even a “delightfully comic dystopia” in which Bolshevik Russia had taken over England, wiping out the English language. (Brian Showers, Swan River Press)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.