AUTOBIOGRAPHIA: OR THE STORY OF A LIFE, by Walt Whitman - 1892 [1st Edition]
Autobiographia: Or the Story of a Life
by Walt Whitman
selected from his prose writings
First edition. New York: Charles L. Webster & Co., 1892
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards covered in green cloth have tooled and inked decoration with gilt title. Boards show some smudges, aging, edgewear. Corners are frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has gilt text, dimmed, and is darkened, with crushed and frayed ends. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Binding is intact, with separation beginning at front and back pastedowns. See photographs.
- Front fep has an owner's mark.
- Frontispiece is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
205 pages. 4.75 x 7 inches.
Selections from Whitman's prose writings, chiefly Specimen Days, edited with the purpose of giving a consecutive account of the poet's life in his own characteristic language. (from the Editor's note) Although completed and published posthumously, the plan for Autobiographia was approved by Whitman himself.
Frontispiece shows Whitman's home in Camden, NJ.
This volume is part of the Fiction, Fact, and Fancy Series edited by Arthur Stedman. Included at the book's end are lists of titles in print available from the Publisher.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore