THE DEFENCE OF OBEDIENCE TO SUPERIOR ORDERS IN INTERNATIONAL LAW, by Yoram Dinstein - 1965
The Defence of Obedience to Superior Orders
by Yoram Dinstein
Published by A.W. Sijthoff. Leiden, Netherlands. 1965.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with a GOOD DJ.
- Blue cloth boards remain free of any major signs of age or wear.
- Boards are sunned along the top and bottom edges.
- Corners are gently bumped.
- Spine, featuring gilt lettering and design detail, are gently bumped and sunned though remain firm.
- Binding is highly secure.
- Top edge of textblock exhibits stains.
- Interior is free of any major signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is darkened and soiled with moderate wear along the top and bottom edges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
278 pages. 6.5" by 9.75"
In this book an original approach is made to the topical problem of superior orders in the sphere of international law. The defense of obedience to orders has been a major issue in the plethora of war crimes trials that have taken place since the end of the Second World War, and has provoked lively and far-ranging discussion by jurists and laymen alike throughout the world. Here an attempt is made to classify into prevailing doctrines the conflicting views hitherto expressed on the subject in the theory and practice of international law.
Includes a table of cases, bibliography, subject index and name index.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore