THE CUNETIO TREASURE: ROMAN COINAGE OF THE THIRD CENTURY AD, by Edward Besly and Roger Bland - 1983 [DJ]
The Cunetio Treasure: Roman Coinage of the Third Century AD
by Edward Besly and Roger Bland
London: British Museum Publications Ltd., 1983
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Black cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt title on spine.
- Boards show some edgewear. Corners are bumped; one is fraying. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong. Stitching visible at opening pp. 198-199. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have some signs of handling, owner's mark at front. See photos.
- Illustrations, photo plates, are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits some marginal toning. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are lightly foxed. Lower right corner shows some edgewear. See photos.
- Illustrated DJ has edgewear at foot, chipped corners, heavy bumping and closed tears along head edge, a few marks at back cover. See photos.
199 pages plus plates. 8.5 x 11 inches
Catalogue documenting the largest hoard of Roman coinage found in Britain. Found in Wiltshire in 1978, the hoard of 54,951 coins was buried in the period AD 260-275, a time of crisis and upheaval in the Roman Empire. Some 1000 coins are illustrated. Compiled by researchers in the Department of Coins and Medals at the British Museum.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.