PAINTING AND PRIVATE LIFE IN ELEVENTH-CENTURY CHINA, by Robert E. Harrist, Jr. - 1998 [DJ]
Painting and Private Life in Eleventh-Century China:
Mountain Villa by Li Gonglin
by Robert E. Harrist, Jr.
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1998
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Black cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt title on spine.
- Boards show some warping, edgewear. Corners are sharp. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Red end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations, a block of 86 halftone plates, are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age, a few pages have bent corners. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, bumping at spine ends.
164 pages. 7.5 x 10 inches
A scholarly art historical monograph, focusing on the handscroll Mountain Villa by Li Gonglin. Through a detailed reading of the scroll, and an analysis of its social and cultural contexts, the author offers a new explanation for the emergence of autobiographic content in Chinese art.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore