STATE OF NEW YORK: HISTORICAL DESCRIPTIVE NOTICES, by Henry Kollock - 1882
State of New York: Historical, Descriptive and Statistical Notices of Cities, Towns, Villages, Industries, and Summer Resorts in the Various Parts of the State, Together with a Complete List of the Post Offices, Counties, and County Towns, Lakes, Rivers and Railroads
by Henry Kollock
Scarce 1st edition. New York: Henry Kollock, 1882.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Brilliant gilt illustration and lettering on front, with elegant blind-tooling on front and back.
- B&W illustrations throughout remain crisp and clear.
- Cover boards show some light soiling and darkening at perims, and a white spot on the front, and brown mark on fore edges, as well as a series of light marks on back cover. (See photos)
- Moderate edgewear with some exposed board, especially at corners.
- Spine ends are crushed with fraying.
- Front hinge is cracked 2.5" from head.
- Binding is secure, with some play.
- Gilt at head of text block shows some fading, dust and lines.
- Previous owner writing in ink on ffep, otherwise interior is free of any other writing or intentional marks
- Pages are bit age toned.
304 pages. 7" by 9.75"
Descriptions of the cities and towns of New York. Includes a section on the capital city of Albany, as well as New York City. Lavishly illustrated with almost 200 B&W detailed engravings, both inline with text and as plates.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.