RICHARD ESTES, by John Wilmerding - 2006 [Signed]
by John Wilmerding
Signed. New York, NY: Rizzoli, 2006
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated color DJ covers features two oil paintings by the artist entieded "Broad Street" and "Alaska."
- Black boards are in overall good condition with light shelfwear and edgewear. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text against a black background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Title page is signed and inscribed by the author.
- Illustrated DJ has edgewear and shelfwear. There is bending at the head of the DJ cover. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
255 pages. 11.5 x 13 inches.
Richard Estes (b.1932), the American "king of photorealism," is regarded as one of the most important witnesses to the New York urban landscape. The crisp, clarity of Estes paintings is reminiscent of photography, yet upon closer inspection his work reveals elements and perspectives that do not exist in reality. He avoided using famous New York landmarks. His paintings provided fine detail that were invisible to the naked eye, and gave "depth and intensity of vision that only artistic transformation can achieve." [Wikipedia]
He is regarded as one of the founders of the international photo-realist movement of the late 1960s, also known as hyper-realism or super-realism.
EDITION POINTS: Signed and inscribed by the author.
John Currie Wilmerding, Jr. (b.1938) is an American professor of art, collector, and curator, and is best known as a prolific author of books on American art.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore