ON THE OTHER SIDE: 23 DAYS WITH THE VIET CONG, by Kate Webb - 1972 [1st ed., DJ]
On the Other Side:
23 days with the Viet Cong
by Kate Webb
New York: Quadrangle Books, 1972
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Black cloth covers are mostly clean, with white title on spine.
- Boards show some sunning at edges, edgewear. Corners are a little bumped.
- Spine has white text and is bright with softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have light foxing.
- Clipping from the Newark Star Ledger with author obituary is interleaved.
- Illustrations, a block of photographs, are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty, with some foxing. See photos.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ with photo illustration has edgewear, chipped corners, closed tears along head edge, closed tears and creasing along foot edge, some staining to return edges, chipping at spine. See photos.
160 pages. 5 3/8 x 8 inches
A personal account by Kate Webb (1943-2007), UPI journalist, who spent twenty-three days as a prisoner of the Viet Cong in Cambodia. Webb sought to capture and report the humanity of every one she encountered during this experience, remaining the journalist in search of the truth. With a block of photographs illustrating those three weeks.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore