MAGNETISM AND MAGIC, by Baron du Potet de Sennevoy - 1927 [Signed 1st Ed.]
Magnetism and Magic
by Baron du Potet de Sennovoy
edited and translated by A.H.E. Lee
First edition, signed by the translator. London: George Allen & Unwin Ltd., 1927
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Black cloth covers have red ruled border, titles and ornament.
- Boards show warping, edgewear, damage to cloth on front cover and spine. See photos. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has red text and is abraded, with bumped and frayed ends. See photos.
- Binding is intact. Stitching shows at some gatherings. Signs of separation at pgs. 64-65. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have toning, staining. Owner's mark, inscription and signature on front fep. Pencil mark on front pastedown. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned, some stains and chip at pgs. 60-61, small chip at bottom edge of title page. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
154 pages. 5 x 7.25 inches
This book is an abbreviated translation of "La Magie Devoilee," first published in Paris in 1852.
Signed and inscribed by translator on free end paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore