LITERARY REMAINS, by Richard Jones and William Whewell- 1859 [Rebound]
Consisting of Lectures and Tracts on Political Economy, of the late Rev. Richard Jones
edited by William Whewell
London: John Murray, 1859
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards with black cloth show some edgewear. Corners are bumped, frayed.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with firm ends.
- Rebound; stitching visible at some openings, i.e. pg. 222-223; some detachment lower 1" of Table of Contents. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps are age toned; back pages full of pencil notes. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present; signs of cracking at gutter edge. See photos.
- Interior is age-toned, page corners broken off pgs. 335-339. See photos.
- Inside pages have marginalia, underlining throughout. See photos.
620 pages. 5.5 x 8.75 inches
Lectures and tracts on political economy by British economist and clergyman Richard Jones (1790-1855). Jones, in contrast with David Ricardo, was an empiricist who believed that economic theory should be rooted in real world circumstances. Together with Thomas Malthus, Jones was a founder of the Royal Statistical Society.
A well-studied copy, with some underlining and marginal annotation in the text body, and notes at the rear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore