LA CONVERSATION, by Marc Meneau and Hans Gissinger - 2000 [Signed, Numbered]
by Marc Meneau and Hans Gissinger
Limited edition, signed, in French and English, two volumes. Phoenicia, NY: Woodstock Editions, 2000
Hardback set is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Brown butcher paper covers are mostly clean, stamped with red ink titles. Corners are sharp.
- Spines are bright, with crushed foot ends. See photos.
- Bindings are strong.
- End papers show little to no sign of age or wear. No pastedowns; raw boards have ink stamp illustration. See photos.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interiors exhibit minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have All Edges dyed with red ink.
- Slipcase is natural cardboard joined with white cloth tape. Red ink stamped title and illustration. Some smudges, fraying to cloth tape. See photos.
Unpaginated. 9 x 11.5 inches
An exchange in words and images between photographer Hans Gissinger and chef Marc Meneau, this book provides a sharp contrast to what is usually considered "food photography". The black and white images reveal the grisly processes of haute cuisine; slaughtering animals, force feeding geese, stuffing sausages. Parallel to their meditation on food and its cultural significance are Gissinger's gripping photographs which find beauty, depth, and humanity in our relationship with what we eat and how it gets to the plate.
Original texts by Gilles Stassart. English translations by Richard Pevear.
First, limited edition of 2000 copies. This is copy 328. Both volumes signed by Gissinger.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.