JUST LET ME PLAY: THE STORY OF CHARLIE SIFFORD THE FIRST BLACK PGA GOLFER, by Charlie Sifford - 1992 [Signed, DJ]
Just Let Me Play
The Story of Charlie Sifford the First Black PGA Golfer
by Charlie Sifford with James Gullo
foreword by Arthur Ashe
Signed by the author. Latham, NY: British American Publishing, 1992.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Black with blue half cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt text on spine.
- Boards show some dust, edgewear. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped and sunned ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns and feps have signature and inscription on front fep. See photos.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits marginal toning. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few marks. See photos.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals sunned spine, edgewear and bumping along foot, chipped corners, heavy bumping at head edge, closed tears. See photos.
237 pages. 6 x 9 inches
Autobiographical memoir by the first black golfer to play on the PGA tour. Charlie Sifford faced discrimination and bigotry all along his way, even as he won the Greater Hartford Open in 1967 and the Los Angeles Open in 1969, and the PGA Senior Championship in 1975. Illustrated with black and white photographs.
Signed and inscribed by the author on free end paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore