JIMMY'S SHOES: OR, STARLIGHT, by Mary Dwinell Chellis - 1867$95.00
Jimmy's Shoes: or, Starlight
by Mary Dwinell Chellis (the author of "Old Sunapee")
Boston, MA: Henry Hoyt, 1867.
Hardback is overall in GOOD- condition.
- Red boards display some fading and overall rubbing.
- Corners are gently bumped, with exposed boards.
- Spine features gilt lettering and design, and is sunned with rubbed, frayed ends.
- Binding is overall secure throughout volume, except between pages 85 and 96, where signature is partially loose and still hangs on to gutter by a thread, from foot. (See photos)
- Front endpaper has some pencil writing along top edge.
- First illustrated pages display toning and moderate overall foxing. Illustrations are protected behind tissue guard.
- Interior is toned throughout, with occasional foxing and spots with minor residue. Pages 43 through 46 are dog-eared. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning and light scuffing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
322 pages. 4.5 x 7 inches.
This piece of fiction, destined to a juvenile audience, is an entertaining and instructive tales on the way of Providence and the destiny of good, pious souls. By the author of "Old Sunapee", Mary Dwinell Chellis (1826-1891) who wrote over fifty books and innumerable articles on the temperance reform movement of the 19th century. She also participated in the local chapter of the Women's Christian Temperance Union.
Includes two frontispieces. Illustrated with some engravings throughout.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore