INQUIRIES INTO HUMAN FACULTY AND ITS DEVELOPMENT, by Francis Galton - 1883
Inquiries into Human Faculty and its Development
by Francis Galton
New York: Macmillan and Co., 1883
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Boards show some dirt, smudges, chips, and scuffing. Corners are scuffed and bumped. (Please see photos)
- Spine has gilt text with dirt and a 1.5" dark stain. Ends are frayed with chips out. Left edge is cracked. (Please see photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Sticker residue on front pastedown and front hinge partially cracked.
- Frontispiece is present and is lightly toned with intact tissue guard.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Writing in pencil on title page otherwise inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages 325-336 have chips out of the margins, not interfering with text. (Please see photo)
- Text block edges are age-toned.
387 pages. 6X8.75 inches.
"Inquiries into Human Faculty and Its Development is an 1883 book by Francis Galton, in which he covers a variety of psychological phenomena and their subsequent measurement. In this text he also references the idea of eugenics and coined the term for the first time." (Wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore