HISTORY, TREATMENT, AND DISEASES OF THE HORSE - 1853
The History, Treatment, and Diseases of the Horse
by The Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge
Subtitle reads, "An account of his introduction and use in various countries; general management under all peculiar circumstances; an abstract of the best veterinary practice; useful medicinal and other recipes; articles of food, etc."
B&W illustrations throughout. Originally published in London, by the Society of Useful Knowledge. 470 pages. 6.25" by 9.25"
Hardtford, CT: S. Andrus & Son, 1853.
Hardback is overall in FAIR condition.
- All text is quite legible
- Boards are a bit soiled
- Scuffing to perimeter of boards with cloth peeling off back board
- Corners are gently bumped and scuffed
- 2/3 of spine missing
- Hinges have some play but binding is secure
- Writing on pastedowns and signature on ffep
- Scattered moderate foxing throughout
- Some pages are dog-eared
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.