G. ARGY-ROUSSEAU: GLASSWARE AS ART, by Janine Bloch-Dermant - 1991
G. Argy-Rousseau Glassware as Art: With a Catalogue Raisonne of the Pates de Verre
by Janie Bloch-Dermant
New York, NY: Thames and Hudson, 1991
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 0500236267
- Illustrated DJ cover features a photograph of a japanese vase from a private collection called The Garden of the Hesperides.
- Green boards are in overall very good condition, there is exposed board about an inch wide on the front board. (See Photos).
- Corners are slightly bumped with fraying. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt text against a green background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some
- Illustrations are clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear and shelfwear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
229 pages. 9.5 x 11 inches.
Janine Bloch-Dermant, internationally renowned authority on the history of glass from 1860 onwards has published several books on the subject.
Gabriel Argy-Rousseau (1885-1953) created some of the most striking and characteristic glassware of the inter war years. Soon throwing off the Art Nouveau influences of his early work, he invented forms which epitomize the Art Deco style.
The career of this remarkable genius is retraced in detail: his education, his inventiveness, his artistic development, his commercial success, and his later difficulties during the Depression years. This primary monograph on the artist brings his oeuvre back to full, sparkling life.
With 528 illustrations, 159 in color.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.