ART AND ECOLOGY IN NINETEENTH-CENTURY FRANCE, by Greg M. Thomas - 2000 [1st ed., DJ]
Art and Ecology in Nineteenth-Century France:
The Landscapes of Theodore Rousseau
by Greg M. Thomas
First edition. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2000
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Dark green cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt title.
- Boards show a little edgewear. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Dark green end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Frontispiece, a black and white photograph, is present.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits marginal toning; a small ding to lower half of title page. See photos for details.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, bumped corners, smudges to covers. See photos.
275 pages. 6 x 9.25 inches
Monograph developed from a doctoral thesis treating Rousseau as both a Parisian painter of landscapes and a nascent environmentalist. Rousseau was advocating for the preservation of forested areas on the outskirts of Paris in the decades just before American efforts to preserve wild nature brought about the establishment of Yosemite and Yellowstone Parks.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore