FORMULAS FOR BOOKBINDERS, by Louis H. Kinder - 1905 [Signed, Ltd Ed.]
Formulas for Bookbinders
by Louis H. Kinder
First edition, signed by the author. East Aurora, NY: The Roycrofters, 1905
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Buff covers with russet half cloth binding. Covers have black inked title and Roycrofters motifs.
- Boards show some dirt, smudges, stains to back cover, edgewear. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has label with black text and is discolored at foot end with softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have some staining at gutter, owner's mark and gift inscription.
- Frontispiece is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
115 pages. 8.75 x 11.5 inches
A collection of trade formulas, having to do with tooling, marbling, and other arts connected with the practice of bookbinding. Written by the head binder at the Roycroft shop in East Aurora, New York. While a guide to practice and technique, the book is itself a testament to the artistic principles of the Roycrofters. Beautifully printed on vellum, with generous borders and red ink paragraph notations.
Co-published by G.P. Putnam's Sons in London.
An edition of 490 copies, printed on Imperial Japan vellum. This is copy #278. Signed by the author..
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore