ERITREAN JOURNEY, by Robert Papstein - 2017 [Photojournalism]
by Robert Papstein
preface by Asmarom Legesse
Asmara, Eritrea: HDRI Publishers, 2017
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VG GOOD DJ.
- Charcoal gray covers are mostly clean, with silver text. Boards show a smudge on back cover. Corners are sharp. See photos.
- Spine has silver text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Mid-gray end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations, black and white photographs, are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, chipped corners, closed tears along head edge, bumping along foot edge, some marks to back. See photos.
295 pages. 9 x 11.25 inches
A work of photojournalism that chronicles the Eritrean journey to independence. Eritrean Journey combines the story of the Eritrean struggle for self-determination described in an earlier book Eritrea: Revolution at Dusk (1991) with the achievements of post-independence. Pictures and texts by Californian born Robert Papstein (1939-2019), who spent many years as a photojournalist in Africa and Europe.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore