PORTRAITURE OF A CHRISTIAN GENTLEMAN, by W. Roberts - 1831 [1st ED]
The Portraiture of a Christian Gentleman
by W. Roberts, Esq.
1st Edition. New York: T. and J. Swords, 1831
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Book has brown covers from the 19th century.
- Boards show shelfwear and edgewear as well as dirt and cracking. (See Photos).
- Corners show exposed boards.
- Spine has fraying on the top and bottom ends with black text on a sticker.
- Binding is secure but is delicate.
- Endpapers and feps have notable foxing and dirt.
- Interior is age-toned, exhibits signs of age and wear, with heavily foxed pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Title page has owners mark written in pencil. (See Photos).
- Title page has reference to Lincoln's Inn law school in London.
- Text block edges have signs of dirt and rough uncut edges. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
170 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
Portraiture of a Christian Gentleman is a book written in 1831 which includes topics such as: Unscriptual Religion, literature, politics, family government, education, scriptural models, national consecrations of sabbath and the duty of joining in the psalmody.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.