ENGLISH FURNITURE FROM CHARLES II TO GEORGE II, by R.W. Symonds - 1929 [Signed, UK Ltd Ed]
English Furniture from Charles II to George II
by R. W. Symonds
A full account of the design, material and quality of workmanship of walnut and mahogany furniture of this period, and of how spurious specimens are made, with more than 260 illustrations from examples in the collection of Percival D. Griffiths. 322 pages. 10.5" by 13.75"
Very scarce signed edition. Signed and inscribed by author on ffep.
Limited edition, this is #64 of only 1,000 printed, published by: The Connoisseur Ltd., London, 1929.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- All gilt on front and spine is clear.
- Top edge gilt.
- Blue buckram boards show some vertical ripples to cloth at top and bottom of front.
- Binding is intact, with light play.
- A few color illustrations including frontis with intact tissue guard.
- Some light general scuffing to back.
- Spine is sunned and faded.
- Back hinge is cracked.
- Two pages at back are uncut along top edge.
- Minor foxing to back endpapers.
- Bottom two corners are gently bumped.
- Tiny dent to fore edge of back board.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.