ENGLISH FURNITURE FROM CHARLES II TO GEORGE II, by RW Symonds - 1929 [US Ltd Ed]
English Furniture from Charles II to George II
by R. W. Symonds
A full account of the design, material and quality of workmanship of walnut and mahogany furniture of this period, and of how spurious specimens are made, with more than 260 illustrations from examples in the collection of Percival D. Griffiths. 322 pages. 10.75" by 13.75"
Very scarce edition of this book.
Limited Edition, this is number 47 of only 500 printed of the American edition, published by International Studio, New York, 1929.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Interior is free of any writing, underlining, highlighting or other intentional marks.
- Binding is secure, with only a slight cock with a front overhang.
- Includes a few color photos including frontis with intact tissue guard.
- No gift inscription or any other ownership marks,
- Blue linen-style cloth over boards show some fading to bottom edge of front and back.
- Front has one thin light blue line to right from top.
- Pastedowns and endpapers are lightly foxed.
- Edges of textblock are a bit foxed.
- All gilt on front and spine is clear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.