COLLECTION OF CASES & OTHER OBSERVATION IN MIDWIFERY, by Wm Smellie - 1779 [Vos 2&3]
A Collection of Cases and Other Observations in Midwifery, Volumes II and III
by William Smellie
Very Scarce. London: W. Strahan et al, 1779.
Hardbacks are overall in GOOD and AS IS condition.
- Both Ex Library from the Library of Iowa State College
- Both volumes show perfin library stamp on title page
- Both show a library stamp and a few notes on page iii
- Vol II: Bound in full leather with front board and first two pages detached, back hinge cracked with play, boards show scuffing to the perimeter, Spine features red title block, shows some cracking, shows catalog number at bottom, front pastedown shows remnants of library sticker along with some notes in pencil, more extensive note on front endpaper, 1979 in pencil on title page,
- Vol III: Binding is secure, has been rebound, cover boards show light scuffing around perimeter and to spine, residue from library sticker on front pastedown, pages 385 to 432 show moderate foxing.
Vol.2: 451 pages; Vol.3: 493 pages. 5.25" by 8.25" each.
A fascinating collection of midwifery cases. Includes case studies about the separation of bones of the pelvis, extra-uterine fetus's, women who exceed the common term of gestation, cancer of the uterus, miscarriage, breech deliveries, dangerous cases and much more.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.