CLYFFORD STILL: THE ARTIST'S MUSEUM, by Dean Sobel; David Anfam - 2012$265.00
Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum
by Dean Sobel and David Anfam
Written in part by the artist's daughters, here is a rare and fascinating insight into the work of an internationally renowned artist, as well as the thoughts behind this work. Still went into self-exile in Maryland during the final years of his career, and in spite of his fame in the art world became some sort of an hermit. His abstract style became a trademark of post-war art, and introduced a powerful new approach to painting, redefining a style that already existed, while being one of the leading figures of Abstract Expressionism. 239 pages. 9.5 x 11.25 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color reproductions of the artist's works and with photographs. Includes essays by the artist's daughters.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Skira Rizzoli Publications, Inc., New York, 2012.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 9780847838073
- Volume is overall in very good condition with minor edgewear and a well-preserved interior.
- Patterned gray covers exhibit some edgewear from mild bumping to corners, showing a more significant bump to lower left corner on back. (See photos)
- Spine features white text and shows slight bumping to foot.
- Binding is secure. Back hinge is somewhat damaged at upper end. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ displays minor shelfwear, with light creasing to lower corner of back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore