ATLAS OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY 1776-1876, by A.H. Walker - 1876 [Complete]
Atlas of Bergen County New Jersey 1776-1876
by A.H. Walker
Reading, PA: Reading Publishing House, 1876
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Boards are covered in tan buckram, stamped Wurts & Plympton on cover. Boards show some wear, stains, scuffing, edgewear. Corners are worn and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has no text and is scuffed, with softened and frayed ends.
- Binding has been repaired in the past. Back cover is detached; many sheets are loose. See photos.
- Gray paper pastedowns and feps, contemporary to covers, have letter P ink stamped, lower corner creased.
- From the library of the Law Offices of Wurts & Plympton in Hackensack, NJ. Embossed on title page, with owner stamp George F. Plympton. See photos.
- Illustrations, maps and building views, are bright and clear.
- Interior is age-toned, exhibits marginal toning, some smudges, edgewear, some old repairs to edge tears.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Paper is fragile at binding; many pages are loose. See photos. AS IS.
167 pages. 4.5 x 17.25 inches
Large folio Atlas of Bergen County in New Jersey, prepared from "actual surveys of each Township and Village, and from Historical facts, arranged specally for this work." (from the title page) Includes a history of Bergen County, maps of all the settled areas, views of houses, plus historical and world maps for global context. An excellent source of local history and geography.
PROVENANCE: from the Law Offices of Wurts & Plympton, Hackensack.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore