HISTORICAL AND BIOGRAPHICAL ATLAS OF THE NEW JERSEY COAST, by T.F. Rose - 1985 [Facsimile Reissue]
Historical and Biographical Atlas of the New Jersey Coast
proposed, arranged and illustrated by T.F. Rose
surveys by H.C. Woolman
history and statistics by T.T. Price, M.D.
Facsimile reprint edition. Toms River, NJ: Ocean County Historical Society, 1985
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Dark red cloth covers have gilt stamped title.
- Boards show some smudges, edgewear. Corners are bumped.
- Spine is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns and feps in tan vellum paper show little sign of age or wear. A gift inscription on front fep.
- Illustrations are bright and clear, fold-out maps are in good condition.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a little dust along head.
372 pages. 11.5 x 14 inches
A facsimile reprint edition of the 1878 Atlas, originally published in Philadelphia. By 1985, the number of surviving copies was small and their condition fragile, so the Historical Society of Ocean County NJ took on the task of reissuing the Atlas. A large number of maps, street views, and plates showing residences and hotels of the shore towns. Additionally, the Atlas includes histories of the shore towns and statistics. A valuable and interesting reference, preserved and made newly available.
EDITION POINTS: Originally published in Philadelphia by Woolman & Rose in 1878. This facsimile reissue was printed by Taylor Publishing Company in Dallas, Texas. Limited edition of 700 copies; this is copy 603.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore