ANTARCTICA, by N.G. Nordenskjold & Johan Gunnar Andersson - 1905
Antarctica or Two Years Amongst the Ice of the South Pole
by N.G. Nordenskjold & Johan Gunnar Andersson
Published by The MacMillan Co. New York, NY. 1905.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Green cloth covers are mostly clean with lustrous gilt lettering and illustration.
- Boards show signs of gentle aging and wear such as scuffing and soiling to mildly darkened covers that exhibit edgewear; with regard to the front cover, there is a dark stain that runs along a vertical groove in the board, both measuring roughly 4". Please see photos.
- Corners are squared though worn with exposed boards.
- Spine has gilt lettering and illustration and is significantly darkened along the length.
- Binding is pliant though firm.
- Front and rear hinges are cracked.
- Pastedowns are age-toned with soiling.
- Ffep is clipped along the corners and bears the stamp of a previous owner which appears again on page 175. Please see photos.
- The interior shows a persistent stain beginning on the corner of the ffep and continuing to page 24. Please see photos for example.
- Frontispiece is clean and intact.
- Foldout maps are present and fully intact.
- Illustrations are clean and vibrant.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are darkened, most notably the top edge which bears a small black stain.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Presented in this stunning volume is the account of the Swedish South Pole Expedition, lead by Captain N.G. Nordenskjold. Over 200 wonderful B&W and color illustrations along with four color maps, three of which are fold out and all in excellent condition. 608 pages with index. 6.5" by 9.25".
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.