ANSELM KIEFER, by Daniel Arasse - 2001
by Daniel Arasse
Holborn, London: Thames & Hudson, 2001
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 0500093024
- Illustrated DJ cover features a black and white artwork entitled "The Unborn" and the back cover features another artwork entitled "Twenty Years of Solitude."
- Black boards are clean and in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- There is small 1/4 inch tear at the top edge of the back cover near the spine. (See Photos).
- The foot edge of the back cover has a 1/4 inch bump. (See Photos).
- Spine has silver text against a black background.
- Bottom edge of spine is bumped. (See Photos).
- Binding is strong but the front and back signatures are starting to split. (See Photos).
- Prior to listing the book was sealed in shrink wrap. Signature splits maybe a publishers flaw, the book is unread.
- Illustrations and photographs are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ has some edgewear at the head of the spine. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
328 pages. 10 x 12.5 inches.
This volume, the first major monograph on Kiefer, uses a thematic and chronological approach to explore the many facets of his work. By examining his influences, style and recurring motifs, Daniel Arasse highlights Kiefer's rich culture and his philosophical and artistic practice, while demonstrating the unity and continuity in his work that transcends any linear concept of time. With 409 illustrations 394 in color.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore