AN AMENDED VERSION OF THE BOOK OF JOB, by George R. Noyes - 1827
An Amended Version of the Book of Job, with an Introduction, and Notes Chiefly Explanatory.
by George R. Noyes
Cambridge: Hilliard and Brown, 1827
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Covers feature a marbled design from the 19th century.
- Half leather bound.
- Boards have shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are scuffed with exposed boards.
- Spine has raised bands with text written in gilt against a brown cracked leather background. (See Photos).
- Binding is tight, secure and has a little play.
- Ex-library book with expected markings are featured on the front endpaper.
- Endpapers and feps have some notable foxing and staining. There is faded writing in pencil on the front fep. (See Photos).
- There are owners marks in pencil on the title page.
- Interior is age-toned, exhibits signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages have notable foxing as well as some pencil writings.
- Text block edges are dusty and have moderate foxing. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
116 pages. 5.5 x 9 inches.
The Book of Job is a book in the Ketuvim "Writings" section of the Hebrew Bible, and the first poetic book in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. Addressing the problem of theodicy, the vindication of the justice of God in the light of humanity's suffering. It is a rich theological work setting out a variety of perspectives. It has been widely praised for its literary qualities.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore