WITH THE ZHOB FIELD FORCE 1890, by Crawford McFall - 1895 [Illustrated]
With the Zhob Field Force 1890
by Captain Crawford McFall
New York: Macmillan and Co., 1895
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Green cloth covers have tooled and inked title and decoration.
- Boards show some wear to shoulders, smudges, aging, bumps, warping, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is darkened and bowed. Ends are crushed, chipped and frayed.
- Binding is secure. Stitching visible at opening pgs. 128-129. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have some light foxing, staining, owner's marks.
- Frontispiece and half title page are color drawings, separated by an intact tissue guard.
- Illustrated throughout with black and white ink drawings, plus some color plates.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges.
232 pages. 6 x 9 inches
Narrative account of the military action taken by the British Army in 1890 which resulted in the establishment of Fort Sandeman at Zhob, in Pakistan. This location was strategically important for its location near the border of Afghanistan and important transportation routes.
Illustrated throughout with pictures taken from drawings by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore