ALMANACK FOR 1890, by Kate Greenaway - 1890 [Full Color]
Almanack for 1890
by Kate Greenaway
London: George Routledge & Sons, Publisher 
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Light green covers are mostly clean, with inked ornamental borders and gilt text and illustration. Boards show some bowing, signs of a bend, edgewear. Corners are frayed.
- Spine is worn, with crushed, frayed ends.
- Binding is secure, with signs of wear to front and back pastedowns. See photographs for details of condition.
- Blue end papers and pastedowns show some wear. See photographs.
- Frontispiece is present, printed in colors on black ground.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, with scattered foxing and staining. See photographs.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have All Edges Gilt.
Unpaginated. 3 x 4 inches
A lovely little book by Victorian artist and writer Kate Greenaway (1846-1901). Pages list monthly holidays, plus poems for each season. Each page illustrated in Greenaway's distinctive style, with ruled borders.
Engraved and printed by Edmund Evans, a woodblock engraver and printer. In 1879, Greenaway and Evans collaborated on the publication of Under the Window, a best seller that established Greenaway's reputation as an artist. The two remained collaborators, and the Almanack is an example of their partnership.
Routledge published this Almanack from 1883-1895.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.