WHOM TO MARRY AND HOW TO GET MARRIED, by Augustus Mayhew - 1848 [1st Ed]
WHOM TO MARRY AND HOW TO GET MARRIED, by Augustus Mayhew - 1848 [1st Edition]
Whom to Marry and How to get Married
by Augustus Mayhew
with illustrations by George Cruikshank
Very scarce FIRST AMERICAN EDITION, handsomely rebound in half leather and decorative paper. The title continues: "or, the adventures of a lady in search of a good husband! by one who has refused twenty excellent offers at least." Features wonderful B&W illustrations by George Cruikshank. 99 pages. 6" by 9.5".
First Edition published by Carey and Hart. Philadelphia, PA. 1848.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- As stated, this volume has been rebound in half leather and decorative paper and has been maintained in excellent condition with the leather showing minimal wear to the finish and subtle fading and soiling to areas of decorative paper.
- Leather spine includes title block with gilt letter and detail along with authorship from the original spine.
- Decorated paper to pastedowns and endpapers, all maintained in excellent condition.
- The second title page is a bit darkened.
- The textblock, firmly bound, has been carefully maintained in excellent condition with the interiors showing vibrant type and illustrations on clean leafs.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com