THREADS OF IDENTITY: EMBROIDERY...OF THE RABARIS, by Judy Frater - 1995
Threads of Identity: Embroidery and Adornment of the Nomadic Rabaris
by Judy Frater
Lavishly illustrated with 146 stunning color illustrations along with 9 b/w photos, 24 line drawings and 12 maps. From the jacket: "Here, for the first time the range of striking elaborately embroidered textiles and exquisite jewelry worn by 12 Rabari subgroups are thoroughly documented. It portrays the Rabaris, proud, independent, deeply wedded to tradition and explains the roles of embroidery and dress in their lives." 213 pages. 9.75" by 11"
Publishing Info: Mapin Publishing Pvt.Ltd, India 1995
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a FINE DJ.
- No gift inscription or any other ownership marks
- Interior is free of any writing, underlining, highlighting or other intentional marks
- Binding is secure
- Back board shows tiny white mark at lower left, otherwise boards are in excellent condition
- DJ is in excellent condition
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore