WEALTH & BIOGRAPHY OF THE WEALTHY CITIZENS OF NEW YORK CITY - 1846
The Wealth and Biography of the Wealthy Citizens of New York City
compiled by Moses Yale Beach
Published by: Moses Yale Beach, New York, 1846.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall wear to covers and moderate inside.
- Covers show mild overall edgewear and scarce scuffing.
- Professionally rebacked for a handsome appearance. Replaced spine is neatly tucked under original leather.
- Some chipping and wear can be seen along shoulders, as well as slight difference of color between shoulder and replaced spine. (See photos)
- Spine features gilt text and filigree.
- Binding is secure.
- Blue endpapers were likely replaced along with spine.
- Interior displays slight toning, and occasional staining going into text. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are foxed, and display some toning to corners.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A record of the lives and wealth of the wealthiest citizens of New York in the 19th century. To each citizen is dedicated a paragraph, which states the wealth in dollars of the citizens, and a brief account of his life, profession, and career, and how he acquired his wealth. This volume will prove to be a valuable piece for historical study, as well as a good depiction of the values of 19th century America, promoting for most the image of the self-made man, which is the path for most of them, to having acquired their fortune. 32 pages. 5.75 x 9.25 inches.
Tenth Edition. Compiled by Moses Yale Beach, publisher of The Sun, a serious New York newspaper published from 1833 until 1950. Includes a list of the banking and insurance capitals in the City of New York. Features a beautiful line illustration of the Merchants' Exchange on title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.