THE OUTERMOST HOUSE: A YEAR OF LIFE ON THE GREAT BEACH OF CAPE COD, by Henry Beston and William A. Bradford - 1930
The Outermost House:
A Year of Life on the Great Beach of Cape Cod
by Henry Beston
illustrated by William A. Bradford and others
Garden City, NY: Doubleday, Doran and Company, 1930
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Blue cloth covers have gilt titles.
- Boards show staining, some bowing, edgewear. Corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text completely effaced, and is stained and darkened. Ends are crushed and frayed. See photos.
- Binding is intact, a bit fragile.
- Pastedowns and feps have some moderate staining. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Illustrations, black and white photos on photographic paper are clear, with some marginal age-toning.
- Interior is age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges.
222 pages. 5.5 x 8 inches
Searching for peace and solitude after World War I, Henry Beston spent a year living on the outer beach at Eastham on Cape Cod. This book is the fruit of that experience. Beston (1888-1968) is known as one of the fathers of the modern environmental movement, cited as an influence by Rachel Carson. Illustrated with photographs by William A. Bradford and numerous others, all credited by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore