THE OPERA MURDERS, by Kirby Williams - 1933 [1st Ed]
The Opera Murders
by Kirby Williams
A novel which follows Dr. Thackeray Place as he investigates crime in Chicago. At the time of publishing, the New York Times book review hailed Kirby Williams--an unattributed pseudonym--as being in the same category with contemporary masters of the mystery genre. 259 pages. 5.25" by 7.5"
Scarce FIRST EDITION, First Printing, with "A" on copyright page. Published by: Charles Scribner's Sons, New York. 1933.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards are covered in a green cloth burlap finish.
- Boards and spine ends exhibit light scuffing.
- Bottom corners are gently bumped.
- Spine ends are a little soft.
- Binding is secure, and slightly cocked.
- Front pastedown shows 2 creases. Upon close examination, one crease corresponds to a bend in the front board.
- Owner's signature on ffep.
- Text block edges are toned with some dust. Fore edges are deckled, head has faded red inking, foot shows smudge near corner.
- A few smudges to the interior margins, and some toning.
- Page 7 shows a .5" tear at bottom edge. Dog-ear style crease to pg 207. 1/4" blemish in foot margin runs pgs 203-209 includes small hole.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.