THE FORERUNNER: HIS PARABLES AND POEMS, by Kahlil Gibran - 1925 [2nd Printing]
The Forerunner: His Parables and Poems
by Kahlil Gibran
illustrated by the author
Second printing. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1925
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Black cloth covers have gilt text and decoration. Boards show some aging, dings, damage to shoulder at back cover, a bowed ding at front cover. Please see photographs for details of condition. Corners are bowed and frayed.
- Spine is darkened, with scarcely legible titles, and crushed ends.
- Binding is secure. Separation visible at opening pages 46-47. See photo.
- Pastedowns and feps have some staining and toning. Inside front cover, press clippings have been glued. Bookseller marks. Please see photographs.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges.
64 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
The second printing of Kahlil Gibran's The Forerunner, which appeared originally in 1920. In the original binding from Knopf, with the Borzoi stamp on the lower back cover. Five illustrations reproduced from original drawings by the author.
Printed by Vail-Ballou Press, Inc., Binghamton, NY. Paper furnished by W.F. Etherington & Co., New York. Bound by The Plimpton Press, Norwood, MA.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore