THE CLERK'S MAGAZINE, by Edward Dunscomb - 1803
The Clerk's Magazine: Containing the Most Useful and Necessary Forms of Writing
by Edward Dunscomb
A very scarce third edition rebound in brown cloth. These are "writings which commonly occur between Man and Man, under the names of "acquaintances, assignments, bargains, conveyances, deeds, indentures, leases, mortgages, petitions, please releases, wills, these are some of the forms of writing found within along with the Constitution of the United States and the State of New York, three acts of Congress, schedules of the whole numbers of inhabitants in each state in the years 1791 and 1801 along with census information of the counties of New York." 309 pages followed by tables and other books by publisher. 4.25" by 7.25".
3rd Edition published by Websters and Dunscomb. Albany, NY. 1803.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Rebound brown cloth covers are in good condition overall though show small black spots to the front with additional, more prominent spots to the back, light scuffs and gentle warping.
- Corners are free of any signs of age or wear.
- Spine is features two gilt bands and lettering and has firm ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Endpapers are gently darkened with the ffep bearing writing in pencil.
- One of the original endpapers bears a signature and a small slit to the outer edge. Please see photos.
- Interior is age-toned with foxing and occasional stains though text is legible.
- Beginning on the flyleaf there is a stain that rains along the outer edge which can be seen throughout the interior. Please see photos for example.
- Text block edges are darkened with foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore