TRIAL OF ALEXANDER ADDISON, ESQ., by Thomas Lloyd - 1803 [1st Ed]
The Trial of Alexander Addison, Esq.
--President of the Courts of Common Pleas, in the circuit consisting of the counties of Westmoreland, Fayette, Washington, and Allegheny, on the impeachment by the House of Representatives, before the Senate of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
by Thomas Lloyd
Taken in short hand by Thomas Lloyd.
A very scare 1803 publication detailing the impeachment trial of this prominent land owner and judge.Alexander Addison (1758–1807) was appointed to the position of president judge of the Fifth Judicial of Pennsylvania-the area encompassing most of Western Pennsylvania of the newly formed United States of America. He was impeached due to disagreements with Justice John B.C. Lucas in 1802. 154 pages followed by 14 page appendix. 5 X 8 inches.
Assumed First Edition. Printed by George Helmbold, Junior, for Lloyd and Helmbold, Lancaster, PA. 1803.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Full leather binding.
- Text block is securely bound.
- Front cover is coming unhinged, and is barely attached.
- Covers show staining, scuffing, some scratches and and moderate perimeter wear.
- Spine is well scuffed, including gilt trim and red title block.
- Spine ends are broken free; head is missing about 1/4".
- Front pastedown and endpages are worn with dampstains, toning and foxing.
- Back pastedown also has a bit of staining and edgewear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Interior exhibits toning, foxing, smudges and other marks of age.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.