CHEMISTRY OF FIRE & FIRE PREVENTION: Handbook for Insurance Surveyors, Works Managers..., by Herbert & Harry Ingle - 1900 [1st Ed]
The Chemistry of Fire and Fire Prevention: A Handbook for Insurance Surveyors, Works Managers, and all Interested in Fire Risks and their Diminution
by Herbert Ingle & Harry Ingle
A handy little book that covers topics such as oxygen, coal-gas, fuel, illuminants, explosives, fire prevention and extinction, paint and varnish making and much more. Features B&W illustrations including one fold out.
Published by Spon & Chamberlain. New York, NY. 1900.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Red cloth boards feature brilliant gilt lettering with defects limited to gentle bumping at corners, white smudges and light stains to rear board, and overall darkening to cloth. In total, the boards are in good condition.
- The spine features faded gilt lettering with prominent sunning along the length of the spine and minimal surface wear to head and tail.
- The ffep is detached though present.
- Title page shows a date in black ink.
- Pastedowns and endpapers are age-toned though retain much of the decorative detail.
- Interior is lightly age-toned, most prominently seen on the title page. The body of the text and accompanying illustrations are free of any significant defects. Overall, excellent.
- Spine exhibits some play though is sturdy overall.
- Leafing through, the binding feels brittle in places though does not present any significant issues. Overall, the binding is pliant though secure.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore