SPRING AND SUMMER 1907: Men's Clothing Catalog, by Fred Kaufmann
Spring and Summer 1907
by Fred Kaufmann
Lavishly illustrated with B&W plates. Includes many advertisements as well as newspaper articles pasted on back pastedown.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Fred Kaufmann, 1907.
Hardback is overall in GOOD- condition.
- Volume is in less than good condition due to broken binding and general wear to covers.
- Green cloth covers feature color illustration with copper text on front, and display pronounced overall wear.
- Boards exhibit strong fraying along edges with cloth coming off of back at corners, and chips at spine ends.
- Back cover displays some white stains.
- Spine is lightly faded, and shows pronounced wear to ends, which are chipped and frayed. (See photos)
- Binding is broken with a gap at lower half of gutter, having been mended with tape on later pages.
- Interior displays moderate aging with toning and occasional staining, that includes a persistent stain to lower right corner of textblock. (See photos)
- Reverse of plate pages have order forms with toning from seller's usage.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages display modest edgewear with small chips.
- Textblock edges show expected toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Giant-sized and lavishly illustrated, this catalog is a historical piece of tremendous value in that it presents us with the fashion and styles of men's clothing of the beginning of the twentieth century, as well as the local trend. Fred Kaufmann's fashionable and good-looking clothes for men are presented on nice illustrations, and the various advertisements praise the skill and art of tailoring with which the various types of clothes are made, from vests to gilets and hats. Pages not numbered. 17 x 22,75 inches.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.