RELIURES, by Rose Adler - 1929$450.00
by Rose Adler
Text in French. Paris: Editions d'Art Charles Moreau, 1929.
Folio is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume displays notable overall wear and aging.
- Covers have remains of straps on fore edges, and display pronounced toning as well as some damp staining along edges, with light black and colored pencil scribbling overall.
- Boards exhibit rubbing with exposed areas, notably at corners. Front shoulder exhibits 4" split from head, and 2" from foot.
- Spine has toned title label near foot, and exhibits overall fraying.
- Folio is presented unbound, as published. Images are presented loosely between covers.
- Illustration plates display notable foxing and toning throughout, with light occasional damp staining. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate aging with foxing, darkening, and some staining.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
50 plates. 10 x 13.25 inches.
The collection presented in this volume features some of the most beautiful book bindings of the post-War period. They show the evolution of book binding through the ages. From a time when the binding of a book was meaningful exclusively to represent the wealth and nobility of their possessors, it evolved into an art dedicated to matching the content of the book, its text and subject. This volume is a tribute to the new objective of the art of bookbinding.
50 B&W plates of book bindings. Includes an introductory text.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore