POTS AND PANS, or STUDIES IN STILL-LIFE PAINTING, by Arthur Edwin Bye - 1921 [1st Ed] *Provenance: Woerner*
Pots and Pans, or Studies in Still-Life Painting
by Arthur Edwin Bye
First Edition published by: Princeton University Press. Princeton, NJ. 1921.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Gilt-stamped paper covers with buckram spine exhibit minimal signs of age and wear.
- Boards are lightly scuffed and stained with minor edgewear and a pronounced indentation to a small area of the front top edge. Please see photos.
- Corners are bumped and rubbed with exposed board.
- Spine is firm with gilt-stamped lettering and publisher's logo and exhibits bumped and rubbed ends, with more extensive wear to the end corners. Please see photos.
- Binding is secure overall though varies throughout with some sections being firm while others are slightly loosened. Please see photos.
- The gutters between pages 114/115, 116/117 and 118/119 (Plate) are lightly cracked and exhibits faint stains to areas. Please see photos.
- Endpapers and feps exhibit minimal signs of age and wear.
- Half-title page bears provenance of former owner, artist Helen Louise Woerner. Please see photos.
- Ffep bears partially erased writing in pencil.
- Frontispiece is accompanied by intact tissue guard and exhibits light age-toning and a stain to the upper left corner. Please see photos.
- Illustrations exhibit minimal signs of age and wear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear such as gently bumped corners, light stains to the upper corner of ffep-61 with some leafs exhibiting a light stain along the top and bottom edges. Please see photos.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Top-edge gilt with deckle edges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
236 pages. 6.5" by 9.75".
Provenance: Signed by previous owner - PA artist Helen Louise (Gardner) Woerner. Born in 1905, she is best known for her pencil sketching of buildings, landscapes, mansions, and fine-art teaching.
A cross-cultural survey that looks at the historical development of still-life painting, prepared with reproductions of archival photographs. Includes a preface by the author. Presented as the First Edition by Princeton University Press.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.