PAINTERS AS ENVOYS: KOREAN INSPIRATION IN EIGHTEENTH CENTURY JAPANESE NANGA, by Burglind Jungmann - 2004 [DJ]
Painters as Envoys: Korean Inspiration in Eighteenth Century Japanese Nanga
by Burglind Jungmann
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2004
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- White covers with burgundy half cloth are mostly clean, with gilt text on the spine.
- Boards show some slight edgewear. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Dark burgundy end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a little dust along head.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear.
272 pages. 8 x 10 inches
This monograph puts the influence of Korean painters on Japanese painting into the context of cultural relations and exchanges between the two countries in the 18th century.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore