NIGHTMARE NEED, by Joseph Payne Brennan - 1964
by Joseph Payne Brennan
Nightmare Need is not for the timid, the conventional, or the squeamish, nor is it meant only for devotees of horror and the supernatural. Edition of 500. A wonderful collection of 57 of Brennan's poems as only he can craft - with a deep sense of foreboding with titles such as The Old Man with Tarnished Eyes, Poems Unpleasant, Confederate Cemetery 1961, Interment for the Atom Age, The Dead Reach Out and many more. 69 pages. 5.25" 7.75".
Joseph Payne Brennan is a gentle, soft spoken, modest man. But beware, for beneath that ordinary exterior lurks the mind of a modern master of fright.
Limited Edition published by Arkham House. Sauk City, WI. 1964.
Hardback is overall in FINE condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Included is the original illustrated dust jacket in excellent condition protected behind mylar and reinforced with archival paper.
- Dust jacket shows very minor wear to corners, spine head and tail.
- Spine features gilt lettering, lustrous and intact.
- Interior is in fine condition with no perceptible flaws, showing bold type on clean bright leafs.
- The rear pastedown bears a small pencil mark in the upper corner.
- The binding is pliant though very secure.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks