NEUE ARBEITEN DER BAUHAUSWERKSTATTEN, by Walter Gropius - 1925$595.00
Neue Arbeiten Der Bauhauswerksatten
by Walter Gropius
A splendid illustrated volume by the German architect Walter Gropius (1883-1996), about works of the Bauhaus movement in wood, metal and textiles. Founder of the Bauhaus school, Walter Gropius is widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of German modernist architecture. In this beautiful paperback edition are shown and documented, with accurate captions, a review of recent original works, tables, kitchen ustensiles, as well as textiles, rugs, and pottery, displaying the finest marks of the Bauhaus movement. 116 pages. 7.25 x 9 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Illustrated with black & white photographs as well as one full-color plate showing a rug. Text entirely in German.
Published by:Albert Langen Verlag, Munich, Germany, 1925.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD- DJ
- Volume displays moderate overall signs of wear and aging, with DJ exhibiting a 3" x 2" chip to upper left corner, going into text.
- Wraps exhibit pronounced edgewear with rubbing and chipping, as well as chips to corners.
- Spine features black text, and is entirely mended with transparent as well as opaque tape binding DJ.
- Binding is shaken from wraps with intact and secure textblock. (See photos)
- Interior is mildly toned, with scarce foxing mostly to first and last pages as well as returns.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages display a persistent crease to upper corner.
- Text block edges are toned and foxed along head and foot.
- DJ features black and white text and design with blue lines on front and back.
- DJ displays a chip to left corner of front as mentioned above, and exhibits general darkening.
- DJ has been bound to spine with tape, and cannot be removed.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore