MR. PUTTERBEE'S JUNGLE, by Ruth Helm & Madeleine Gekiere - 1953 [1st Ed]
Mr. Putterbee's Jungle
by Ruth Helm
illustrated by Madeleine Gekiere
1st Edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 1953
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated DJ covers feature a black, white, and red illustration of a tiger against a black background by artist Madeleine Gekiere.
- Boards are in overall very good condition, and feature a red line drawing of a tiger in a jungle.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has red text against a grey background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps are illustrated.
- Illustrations are present and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear, including tiny closed tears at the head of the cover. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear, mainly small chipped spine edges on the head and foot. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
48 pages. 7 x 8.5 inches.
Children's picture book by Ruth Helm about a man who got tired before finishing mowing his lawn for seventeen years. As a result a very fine jungle had developed and a tiger came to live in the jungle behind his house! This is a very funny story and is told in a the same serious style that delighted boys and girls who enjoyed the authors previous work.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.